Sunday, October 15, 2006

Long (but good) weekend

Friday night I worked late again. Overtime will be nice, but I was definitely ready to go. I had planned on going to the gym, but by the time I got home, I just wanted to eat and chill, so I did.

I woke up Saturday morning at 8:30, so I went to the gym. After that, I went home and cleaned my refrigerator, took a shower and then met K's roommate's girlfriend and her mother, who were in town visiting a relative. It was so good to see Cathy. I became such good friends with so many of K's friends, and I miss them all!

We went to lunch, then shopping. I had needed a new light jacket that's not denim so I can wear it with jeans. I found the cutest jacket at J. Crew for $20. I couldn't decide between green or khaki, so I bought them both! You can't beat $20!

We stopped by the Michael Kors store, and I found the perfect bridesmaid dress for when K and I get married.




















Relax, I'm kidding. We thought it was pretty funny, though.

We all spent pretty much the whole day together -- Cathy, me, her mom, her cousin. It was really good to see her, and it was a really good day.

I actually finally heard from K. He'd e-mailed me twice last week and had told me he was going to call. In the second e-mail, though, he said the phones were down and he'd call when they were back up. I knew everything was fine, but it's just that when I don't hear from him for a while, part of me starts to feel like he's almost a figment of my imagination or something. I know that doesn't make sense and it probably sounds insane, but it's hard to explain exactly what I mean. It's just weird to have all these pictures and memories of a person and to miss him like crazy and think of him pretty much all the time. To have everyone asking me about him and wondering how he's doing and praying for him, and then to not get to hear from him very often. It definitely sucks.

So K called me Saturday afternoon. He's doing well. He finds out soon when he's supposed to be coming home. Just because they tell him one time, though, doesn't exactly mean that's when he'll be back. The bad thing, though, is that it's looking like it may be the end of February. He's supposed to let me know as soon as he does. I'm really hoping it's not that long.

Today, I lounged around doing laundry until I went to ER's parents' going away party. They're about to move to China. They're like my second parents. It was good to spend time with them before they leave.

The only bad thing that happened this weekend was the news of Adrian Peterson. He's out for the season due to a broken collarbone. He's practically our whole team! I wanted to cry when I found out. This will likely get rid of his chances for the Heisman. I didn't think he'd get it this year, anyway. He really should have gotten it his freshman year instead of Matt Leinart. Peterson will probably go pro after this year. I think he should, anyway. We'll have a new quarterback again next year, so it'll be another couple of years before we're back up to the level of playing Sooner fans had gotten accustomed to. Trying to look at the bright side, I think at least it's good that our team will have to fend for itself rather than relying on Adrian to pull us out of everthing. It'll give the team a taste of what it'll be like next year. I hate it for him, though. Just Saturday morning when I was getting ready to meet Cathy, I was watching ESPN Game Day. Kirk Herbstreit was talking about how Peterson's the best player in college football right now, and Chris Fowler and Lee Corso weren't putting up an argument. Saturday was the first game Peterson's dad had gotten to see him play since he was 12 because he just got out of prison. At least his dad got to see him play once ...

I had a really good weekend, but I still can't believe how slowly they go by. After pretty much 15 months of feeling like I blink on Friday and it turns to Monday, it's weird to have Saturday and Sunday feel like two distinctly separate days. Sometimes, two distinctly separate days that crawl by. I really hope K gets back before February.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

ha ha! Great dresses!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! Who would actually use those?! They'd have to be REALLY gung ho on the military!!