Thursday, October 26, 2006

Strengthening my assetts

My gym partner is a guy, so he always wants to do chest and shoulders. Being a girl, I'd rather do abs and butt. Jeremy says he never notices a difference in abs, so he doesn't like to do them. And butt? Well, he's a guy.

I made him promise me on Monday night that we'd do butt on Wednesday. And we did. (I know it's cheesy, but I thought it was funny that we worked out our butts on Hump Day.)

I was afraid I'd be a total wuss at the gym because my tooth is being so annoying. I even warned Jeremy before that he might have to push me a little bit. But I was on a roll! I hopped on the elliptical and ran over two and a half miles on level 10 in 22 minutes. I burned over 300 calories in that time. I beat Jeremy's time by like 3 minutes.

Then, I went straight to the leg curl and this other leg curl that works more of your butt. Instead of breaking between each, I went from the first leg curl to the second. After that, Jeremy announced that he was done. He had promised me we'd do lunges, though. I reminded him of this, but he said something about how he never promised he'd do them. I still wanted to, so I made him stay to make sure my technique was right. He had me grab a 10-pound weight to hold in each hand while I lunged. I didn't feel anything, really. So he bumped me up to 25 pounds in each hand. That worked.

I'm a little sore today, but I can feel myself getting progressively more sore as the day goes on. I might not be able to move tomorrow, but at least I'm getting closer to buns of steel (especially since K's a butt guy)!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

I'm so jealous! I need a gym partner. I have a gym membership and everything, but without somebody kicking my butt to actually GET there, it doesn't happen very often.

I love that I-just-worked-out sore feeling (except for this one time when I overdid it and couldn't lift my arms for two days...)

s said...

i wish i had a gym partner. do you want to move to ny it's tons of fun haha.

L said...

I've been trying to make due with the workout room in my apartment building, but there aren't a lot of options. This really makes me miss my gym! It was painful canceling my 24 Hour Fitness membership when I moved out here. I'm worried that if I join a gym here, I won't make it as often. I certainly wouldn't go in the mornings like I do now.

Unknown said...

Awesome! K is going to drool all over you (ahem) when he gets back and sees your firm butt (and ripped chest & arms, YAY!)