Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Who'd have thought?

Having a boyfriend overseas is expensive. And tiring. I just finished everything I needed to do tonight after getting his care package ready.

I got off work late, so by the time I ran to GNC to get K's Mega Man vitamins and to Borders to get Maxim -- which, by the way, I had no idea you couldn't buy at Wal-Mart -- and finally got home, it was 8:30. I cooked myself some dinner, then watched TV for all of about 10 minutes. Then, I set to work on some homemade chocolate chip cookies to send to him. While they were baking, I wrote him a letter and planned how I'd get everything in the box to determine which size of tupperware to put in, which affected how many cookies I could send. I finally opted for the largest tupperware container that would fit. I'm going to just have to send another smaller package this weekend because not everything I wanted to send would fit.

In this package: a letter sprayed down with perfume; two crimson pillowcases, also sprayed with perfume and double-wrapped in freezer bags to preserve the scent; 4 pictures, including the "bridesmaid's dress" pic; Maxim; Men's Health; XMen III on DVD; 3 packages of Crystal Light individual mixes (since they can only drink the bottled water there); small package of animal crackers (big one to be put in this weekend's package); and Mega Man vitamins. I think that's all that's in there, but it'd completely packed.

And I'm completely exhausted. And I still have to shower ...

2 comments:

k said...

but you know he must appreciate it so much so it has to be worth it!

Anonymous said...

He is one lucky guy. That is a lot of treasure. And now I want to go buy XMen 3.