Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Just in time!

I'm really glad I went ahead and got my crappy new phone yesterday because K was finally able to call last night. He'd had his change-of-command ceremony on Saturday, and things have been hectic since then. He's doing well, and he actually got the second package I sent him about two weeks ago (the one with the pillowcase). Unfortunately, the beef jerky my dad made didn't last through the trip. K said it was covered in mold.

The peanut butter was just fine, though, so K's enjoying that. :) He said the pillowcase I sent still smells like my perfume, so that's good. I'd also just downloaded and burned the Fray CD, so I sent him a copy. I put some other songs on the end of it that I knew he'd like: "Chasing Cars," by the Snow Patrol (that one always reminds me of him), "Looking Glass," by Stone Sour (I was really liking it right about the time he left), "Sexy Back," by Justin Timberlake (because K's bringin' sexy back, too) :), "Bad Medicine," by Bon Jovi (because it's K's ringtone for me on his cell phone), and "Boomer Sooner," performed by the 2004 Pride of Oklahoma Marching Band (my senior year!). K said he'd listened to the CD several times, and he really likes it. He thought The Fray's CD was good, and he said he'd actually fallen asleep to it the first night he got it. It's really relaxing.

So he's doing well, and he's staying busy. It had been five days since I'd heard from him before last night. He said it won't be so long next time. He also said he'll find out in a couple weeks whether they're still on schedule to be back around Thanksgiving, so keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

my life is brilliant said...

That's a good idea! I'll really have to try that!