Wednesday, October 04, 2006

On K and crimson

K called me last night. It was so good to hear his voice, since it's been five days since his last call. He had a change-of-command ceremony on Saturday, so he's officially over the soldiers in his battery now. I guess things have gotten pretty hectic since then.

He got the package I sent to him a couple weeks ago. I'd sent him beef jerky, which was molded by the time he got it; Jiff peanut butter he specifically requested, which is still awesome; a perfume-scented pillowcase, which still smells like perfume, he said; and a CD that I burned for him.

I had wanted to get The Fray's CD for quite a while, so I finally bought it online and burned a copy for myself and for him. I had started making a list of songs to send him, so I added those at the end: "Chasing Cars," by the Snow Patrol (because I love it and it always makes me think of him); "Looking Glass," by Stone Sour (because I had started liking it a lot right before he left); "Bad Medicine," by Bon Jovi (because it was his ringtone for me on his cell phone); "Sexy Back," by Justin Timberlake (because K is bringing sexy back, too); and "Boomer Sooner," performed by the 2004 Pride of Oklahoma marching band (because, hello, all the cool kids have a copy of it, AND because it's a recording from my senior year).

K told me that he'd listened to the CD many times, and he'd even fallen asleep the first night to The Fray. It's a really good, relaxing CD. If you like Howie Day (and you should, because his album is awesome), you'll like The Fray.

---------------------------------------------------

One of my co-workers came by today to give me kudos for following through on a statement I made Monday. I can't believe you doubted me.

In case you haven't heard (or haven't looked at my blog since Sunday), this week is OU-texas week. As a showing of my appreciation and love for the Sooner football team and the University of Oklahoma, I told my co-workers I'd be wearing crimson every day this week. And I have. Duh.

So she stopped by my office and said, "Wow ... you're really doing it." She's anxious to see what all I have that's crimson. I went to OU for four years. Trust me, there's plenty. :) Besides, it's just such a flattering color.

No comments: