Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I have readers!!

It's been a while since I've posted. Things have been a little crazy, actually, but I checked my e-mail today, and PEOPLE COMMENTED ON MY BLOG!!! It was so exciting! :) So thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy and keep coming back. :)

So last weekend was pretty great. One of my very good girl friends from OU, Danielle, was on spring break this week, so she came to visit. I finally got to see K. He got here on Friday night, and it was so good to be able to just hug him. We slept in and cuddled Saturday morning, then went to get some lunch from Pei Wei. The weather was so nice that K suggested we go get ice cream. I knew just where I wanted to go. K and I have this little to-do list together. On it are things I've never done, like going camping, skydiving and carving a pumpkin, to fun things we want to experience together, like going to an OU football game (did that last fall!). So I was thinking about all the great, fun things to do in the city I live. Many of them I would like to do with him. So I made a to-do list specific to where I live. And on it was going to get ice cream in this great little square not far from my apartment. It's a really ritzy area, with great, cute apartments above unique little restaurants and boutiques. In the parking lots around it, you can see Ferraris and Porsches and such, so it's a really well-kept area. So at the end of this square, by a really pretty little pond with a fountain in the middle, is a Cold Stone. That was on the to-do list, and that was where we went. K and I got our ice cream and ate it as we walked around the pond, then we sat on a bench and talked as we finished the last of it. The weather was gorgeous, and it was great to be able to just sit there and relax.

Afterward, we headed back to my apartment and enjoyed hanging out by ourselves for a little while longer. Then, CG and her husband (whose wedding we met at) came to my apartment with a couple they're friends with. We all went out to eat, and Danielle came and met us. It was a great, fun little Mexican restaurant, complete with the great little guitar players and trumpet player who go from table to table playing. :) I love that! After dinner, we all went to meet ER and some other friends at a bar closer to the city. It was a little Irish pub, and it had a great, laid-back atmosphere.

The next day, K and I woke up and fixed breakfast for us and Danielle. We pretty much vegged out all day. It was a great Sunday. K left that night, and Danielle and I ate chocolate ice cream and had a girlie night.

On Monday, since I don't have to work, we went shopping. ER is a teacher, and her school is on spring break. So the three of us all went shopping at a great oulet mall nearby. I made my first Banana Republic purchase(s) ever. It was great!! And what was even better is that ER had an extra 20% off coupon that she gave to me. I even got some really hot shoes that I had liked when I saw them a few weeks ago. After shopping, we went to Dave & Busters to meet some friends who were in town for the happy hour. It was a really good day.

Danielle went home that night, and although we had a great time, I have to admit I was glad to have my apartment back to myself.

Tuesday and Wednesday were work-as-usual days, but they've gone fast and pretty well. I can't believe it's already Wednesday! And I can't believe I have blog readers!! :)

I hope you keep coming back!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Best feeling EVER isn't it!!!???

:)

Katrina said...

Mmmmmm...I LOVE Cold Stone Creamery! I would walk four miles barefoot over summer-hot pavement for some of their Cheesecake Fantasy.

I'm glad your week has been so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Hehe, you're so cute. I came over here from Girl from Florida's and I've been enjoying reading your posts. Where are you at in Texas? I'm in Austin, but since you seem to be close to Oklahoma I'm thinking you must be somewhere, well, not central. Any way that's awesome that you have great readers already :) !