Thursday, March 30, 2006

Just your average work day ...

Yeah right! So at about 4:30, one of my coworkers came to my office and said: "You've gotta go across the hall. There are penguins and a kangaroo. There's like a mini-zoo in there!"

I didn't believe her, of course, but she insisted. So across the hall I went, and she wasn't lying! When I got there, two penguins were on a table in the conference room. When I turned around, there were a couple guys walking toward the room with an albino kangaroo. Evidently it had gotten loose and started hopping around the whole office! I was too in shock to get a picture of it, but here are some I took of the other animals:





Penguin!!! He's so cute! And he was really soft.



















I have no idea what this thing is or what it's called, but I think the guy said it's from Argentina or something.

















Isn't he crazy looking?













Porcupine!! His quills actually felt pretty soft. But then again, I'm sure they'd have felt much different if I had been moving my hand the other direction, toward his head ...











This little guy is a lemur. Evidently they're from the jungle, and they're actually an endangered species. They're being bred, though, and doing so well that this guy said they're starting to send them back out into the wild to replenish them.

His hair (the lemur -- not the guy's) felt really cool -- kind of cotton candy like. And he was jumping around a lot. He was awesome. Check out his paws!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay did I miss something. Exactly why did an exotic zoo come to your workplace?

Oh yeah and that's SO neat. Those are awesome pictures. I can't imagine what it's like to feel a PORCUPINE. And a penguin HOW CUTE, I've always wanted to touch one. Are they as cute and cuddly as they seem? Hehe.

my life is brilliant said...

The penguins were definitely cute and cuddly, and actually pretty funny.

The animals came for some sort of publicity or something. I don't know. But it was awesome!