Wednesday, March 15, 2006

An agenda?

Okay, so I know I shouldn't be reading into things too much and getting too excited, but I can't help it. When K was here last weekend, we were talking about what we're doing this upcoming weekend. He has a three-day weekend (which may turn into a four-day weekend), so that gives us a lot more options of what to do. Since he's five hours away, even going somewhere an hour or two away is quite a bit to add to such a small amount of time outside of a car for a 48-hour period.

K had been wanting to go back home to Pennsylvania to visit his mom because she's sick. I suggested he look into going this weekend, since he has a couple extra days off. He said, "I thought we were going to Oklahoma." I hadn't realized that was the plan. I think I remember it coming up that we hadn't been there in a while and would have to go again soon to visit my family. But we hadn't made plans. K checked into going to Pennsylvania anyway, and it was going to cost $900. So then, the plan became to go to Oklahoma again to see my family.

THEN, I got an e-mail from Kristin. She said she and Tom both want to see us again before they move to Washington, D.C. They're moving in a little less than a month, so things are only going to get more hectic for them. I suggested to K that we go see them instead. They're in Oklahoma, too, but they're about two hours from my hometown. K thought it was a great idea to go see him, but he asked if we'd still be able to go to my hometown. I said, "You mean go to both in one weekend?" He said yes. I told him it didn't make much sense because they're far enough apart it'd be too much of a hassle and too much time in the car to make going to both worthwhile, since we'd have to leave Sunday night no matter where we go for me to be to work. That would give us only one day with Tom & Kristin.

So this weekend, we're going to go see them. I told K we can go see my family some other time. It's a shorter drive from where I live, anyway. But what I can't help but wonder is why exactly K is so anxious to go visit my family.

Perhaps he has something to ask my father? *blinking innocently*

No comments: