Friday, March 31, 2006

Go me!

So I was looking online during a spare second at work, and I decided to check my hotmail e-mail. Many times, I'm lured away by the little headlines on the side. This time was no different. Not that I felt that the headline "Your Date is Ogling Another: What to Do" necessarily applied to me, but I couldn't help but be curious about what advice it gave. Does the author recommend slapping your date? Doing a striptease? So I checked it out.

And a couple paragraphs down, it said:
Is ogling ever OK?
Many a man has been busted by his date for checking out that woman at the bar, at the grocery store, or at the office holiday party, and many a man has attempted to wriggle off the hook by saying, "What?! I’m not blind, you know…" That may seem like a pretty bogus defense, but Andrea Lavinthal, co-author of The Hook-Up Handbook: A Single Girl’s Guide To Living It Up, doesn’t dismiss that excuse entirely. "Nowhere in the official relationship handbook does it say that you have to be totally blind to other people," she says. "I mean, who can ignore the salespeople at Abercrombie & Fitch? I don’t know anyone who shops there for the clothes. It’s natural to stare. For a little while."

While that's not me now, it was less than two years ago. Go me!

No comments: