Thursday, March 30, 2006

Wednesday girls

I went out last night with the "Wednesday girls" (ER, her roommate Emily, WK and me), as ER's boyfriend calls us. We go out for dinner every Wednesday night. Anyway, it was a great time as usual. I was actually not looking forward to it as much because there was some tension between WK and Emily -- which meant as a result there was tension with ER and WK, too -- but it wound up being okay. It's always great to tell all the crappy stories, funny stories and great stories from work and our lives over the week. All of us but WK, who ordered a beer instead, had a mongo margarita with our dinner, so it was nice. And so was my cheeseburger!

Our waiter was funny because we kept getting into stories about our weeks or about different things, and he would almost act afraid to come up to our table because we were so wrapped up in the stories. Once, for example, ER had just told us that her younger sister, who is 20, will probably be getting married next summer. She had originally planned on grad school and all these other great goals, but now she's opting for the getting-married-and-having-a-kid-by-25 plan. All of us girls are 23 or nearing it (I'm the youngest, at just over 22 1/2.), so we reacted with a wide-eyed, "WHAT?!!" I said I don't think it's bad to have a child before you're 25, but I certainly wouldn't plan that. WK said she wanted to have lots of time alone with her future perfect husband, who she has yet to meet. And then we got onto the topic of all the wonderful stories our mothers have told us that can happen when you're pregnant, and all the changes that happen to your body after the baby. I said, "Your hair can change, your boobs can get smaller ..." and one of the girls said, "No they can't!" Then another spoke up and said, "Well, sometimes they do after you're finished nursing." And that was when Marco, our waiter, came up. Ah, being a girl is fun. :)

After dinner, I went home and watched American Idol. (I know, I'm a dork.) I was kind of sad to see Lisa go home because she's not even annoying. I was sad Tuesday night when Paris' performance was one of the best. She just annoys me! I'm ready for her to go home. And Ace is too much for me, too. My favorites, for you fellow watchers, are Chris and Kellie. I missed Kellie's performance this week (I got home halfway through, during Mandesa's performance), but in the montage at the end, it looked less than exciting.

After that, I actually went to my gym for the first time in almost two weeks. I did go with K last weekend when I was visiting him. With working late last week, though, the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was leave and go to the gym. So it was nice to do that. I have a gym confession, though: When I'm proud of the weight I do on a machine, I leave the pin in. When I think it's pathetic what I lifted, I remove the pin because I'm sure the next person will want it higher anyway. For example, when I do the hip adduction, I set the pin at 160. I am proud of this. The pin stays there when I leave, and I want everyone to see it. When I go to the bicep machine, however, I lift 30 pounds. I am not proud of this. I remove the pin. :) Once again, I'm a dork, I know.

No comments: