Monday, May 15, 2006

Just what I needed

My relaxing weekend with K was perfect. I went to my friend's band concert, which was awesome. Her students were so adorable! I made it back to my apartment just a few minutes before K arrived. I figured he would be pretty tired, because he usually crashes not long after he gets to my apartment from his 5-hour drive.

We stayed up for a while, though, watching TV and snacking on chips & salsa and nachos. We slept in on Saturday and had a late lunch at Chili's. We ran a few errands and went back to my apartment and vegged out, letting our full bellies digest our food. ER called and invited us to hang out at her boyfriend's friend's house with a group of them who were watching the Mavericks game. We decided to meet up later so we could carry out our Olive Garden dinner plans. So we met up with them at about 10:30 or so.

There were four other couples there in addition to ER and Dan, and K and me. It was a pretty good group. One couple left, though, and by then, everyone had had a couple of beers. We managed to separate in trips inside for snacks or to use the restroom and wound up with the girls talking for a bit and snacking in the kitchen. The guys had their group outside talking to K about weapons and "blowing shit up." :) ER hadn't met a few of the people, and I only knew ER, Dan, K and Alex (the guy whose house we were at). K only knew ER, Dan and me, but he thought he'd met Alex before when he met Dan the first time. So our group split let ER and I get to know the girls better and K to get to know the guys better, so by the time we girls decided we were sick of standing up in the kitchen and rejoined the guys in our chairs on the back porch, we were having some pretty good conversations. The original plan had been to go to a bar after the game, but it worked out great where we were because it was relaxed and we could hear each other. K and I stayed until 3:30, when I was about to fall asleep. All the guys were pretty much drunk, and all the girls had managed to just sip casually, so we were all fine. I drove K and I back to my place, and he was falling asleep on the way. :)

We definitely slept in on Sunday, and then we ate a lovely, healthy lunch at Fuddrucker's. Then, we went to a bike shop because K needed a new inner tube for his bike. He bought two, along with some metal strip stuff that's supposed to protect your tires from flats from thorns (the No. 1 tire offender, a bike shop guy told us). And a new tire pump. And I lost track after that. But he bought much more than an inner tube. I was teasing him about it. :)

We went back to my place and watched Elizabethtown. Do you ever see a movie that you've heard good things about or that looked really awesome in the previews, but you just don't understand what the fuss was about? You think maybe you managed to get a different version -- that somehow you're not watching the same movie that everyone said was so good. That's how I felt about Elizabethtown. I just don't understand how one shoe can make such a difference to a company and one person. In fact, I can't believe the company was so successful if the president is so eager to throw $9 billion into one single product that hasn't even been labeled a success yet.
Anyway, so K left last night at about 7:30. ER came over about an hour later to upload some pictures from my camera onto her new iBook. We watched Desperate Housewives -- which is a very stressful show, by the way -- and Grey's Anatomy. I've only seen the show a couple of times, but I've never really gotten sucked into it. I think I'm going to have to watch tonight, though, because last night was just way too dramatic an ending. I swear, if Burk dies, I'll never watch the show again. That would be just too mean of the writers.

But it's Monday again, and I'm at work, counting down the days until Friday, when I get to see K again.

3 comments:

k said...

I felt the same way about Elizabethtown. I wanted it to be so good and it was just only 'ehh. Oh well, at least Orlando Bloom is good eye-candy!

s said...

I thought the same thing about Elizabethtown. It was almost like you just were waiting for it to make sense or waiting to get the point and it just never came, but then again k's right, Orlando Bloom even with the fake accent he's still sooo beautiful.

Courtney said...

You are too cute counting down the days till you see K again.

Don't you just dream about the day when the two of you are married and living TOGETHER and you just get to see him EVERYDAY? I totally feel that way... *sigh*