Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Whoops (x2)

It seems none of my readers are as into American Idol as I am. That's okay. I won't hold it against you. We can't all be this cool.

Speaking of cool, I have these adorable brown ballet shoes that I have worn the heck out of since buying last October. They have great beading and sequin detailing on them (notice I said "great," not "tacky"). Anyway, as I said, I've worn the heck out of them. And since they're ballet slippers, I wear them without socks.

Since I hurt my knee again, I've been wearing heels as little as possible. I forgot that I had taken my lovely brown slippers out of commission because they were starting to smell bad. It's important for you to know that I absolutely do not have smelly feet (and trust me, I'd know if I did. I'm kinda paranoid about smelling bad.). But a girl with pleasant-smelling feet can only wear a cute pair of slippers without socks so many times in all types of weather -- including 85+ degree heat -- before those shoes take on a slight odor.

So, being the paranoid person I am, I'm glad I have my little coconut lime body spray in my work tote to spray in my office to prevent people from coming in here, smelling my shoes and deciding I smell bad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last sentence cracked me up. I believe you - I wear shoes out too.

Courtney said...

You are, most definitely, the biggest nerd I know. ;)

And what's the smell???

Courtney said...

darn it, I meant, what's *that* smell.

Anonymous said...

leather shoes are the WORST. but! try this: buy cotton (or some cloth-type) insoles and stick them in your shoes. they'll TOTALLY do the trick.

i recently made my husband do this because his sandals (leather) smelled AWFUL. now, they are delightful!

my life is brilliant said...

I'm glad they smell better, but why are you smelling your husband's shoes? :) (busted!)