Friday, May 12, 2006

Fast Friday!

I drove to work today because my friend's concert is tonight. A drive that should have taken me only about 25 minutes -- including traffic -- instead took me just under an hour because of a multi-car accident. (It didn't look like anyone was hurt. It looked like a mild fender-bender, only with like 6 cars.) Isn't it great living in the city? ...

Since then, my day has flown by, which is nice. It means I'm that much closer to the weekend and to seeing K.

I saw a link on MSN that said "Pics: Top bridesmaid dresses," so I clicked on it (hopefully I'll be hunting for these things soon, anyway -- might as well get some ideas!). Um, ew?!



This one, the first one, is kinda pretty. I wouldn't choose that color as a wedding color myself, since I'll probably have a spring or summer wedding. It's a pretty dress. But I wanted to see the others.















This one is pretty, too, but it doesn't look like a bridesmaid dress! It seems too showy for that. It looks like a nice dress to a formal dinner or other event. But the only person who's supposed to wear a dress like this (minus the green) is the bride!













This one is my favorite. It's so cute! Again, I'd do it in a different color, but it's adorable! I love the length. But then I noticed the top of the dress. Personally, I don't have the boobs to pull that one off. I couldn't do that to my bridesmaids, either, even though they're more *ahem* "gifted" than I am (Yes, I do already have them picked out. But that's something most girls do anyway!). It just seems like it'd be tough to pull off.

So I'm sure you're thinking, What is she talking about with her "ew"? I know. That's what I was thinking.

Until ...






Yes, this dress is pretty. But the link didn't say "Pretty dresses." It said "Best Bridesmaid Dresses." This is not a bridesmaid's dress.















WTF? I don't know what wedding this dress would work for. This dress doesn't look very formal, either. I would never think this was a bridesmaid's dress.

















Um, hello? Half the top is missing! It's a wedding. In a church (most of the time)! At least give your bridesmaids something that looks like they're wearing a bra or have some sort of support!

This looks like Little House on the Prairie or even something you buy at Old Navy to wear to a picnic. Definitely not a bridesmaid's dress.








There are other dresses on the site that are okay, but the last two I posted were the real winners to me.

I've sufficiently wasted a good enough portion of my lunch break now. :)

Happy Friday!

No comments: