Tuesday, May 09, 2006

This is going to be a long couple of months ...

This is bad. The song "Dani California" is barely released, so it hasn't been in the No. 1 spot on the rock charts but for a few days.

Which means it'll be a good two months or so before this Red Hot Chili Peppers song is slowly filtered out of airplay. I hate this song! I think it's something about the vibrating "yeah... yeah" ("She's my priestess, I'm your priest. Yeah, yeah ..."). Actually, I know that's it. I can't stand it.

And what's the deal with the excessive mentioning of states in the lyrics? Maybe the Chili Peppers are trying to help the youth of America after the disturbing news that nearly two-thirds can't find Iraq on a map even after three years of war, and one-third can't locate Louisiana, despite the whole Katrina fiasco. I guess the Chili Peppers are trying to help us with our geography by naming every state they can fit and even trying to rhyme them in a couple cases. It's nice of them to be concerned, I guess.

But if the song's short history and already ridiculous airplay are any indication, it's only gonna get worse. This is going to be a long couple of months ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never heard the song but the lyrics seem awful silly... I bet it would annoy me just as much as it does you!