Friday, May 19, 2006

Freezing Friday!

I don't know why it's always so cold at work, but it seems especially cold today. I have a thermostat in my office, but it doesn't work. It's reading right now that it's 75 degrees in here, and I believe the thermometer is right, but I'm still cold!

Everyone is always freezing in our department. What's funny is that last year when I found out I got this job, I bought a bunch of cute skirts to wear to work, but I've only worn one of them, and even then, just once or twice because it always feels like it's 20 below in here.

I keep my office door closed to try to keep it warm (and to keep it quiet, because it can get loud sometimes because we have a couple people in our department who don't use 'inside voices"). It just makes it worse, though, when I have to leave my office, which I have to do pretty regularly.

So I'm sitting at my desk drinking hot chocolate to stay warm. Even though it's a typical May in the South, which means it's in the 90s outside.

I swear, if the company would realize how cold everyone is, they could turn the thermostat up and give everyone a huge raise with the money they'd save on the bills. And that would be much cooler than being cold!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

At least it's not sweltering hot!! In my office, they keep it on 80 but it feels like 90 so I just sit there and sweat, it's sooooo miserable. On the bright side, you get to use cute sweaters all year round :)

k said...

I've always had the same problem! I've chalked it up to being a girl b/c the men (and I mostly work with men) aren't cold. I have a space heater under my desk, which serves me well.

my life is brilliant said...

GFF: I guess that's true. And you don't have to worry about weather you're getting goosebumps on your legs, making them spiky, when you're wearing a cute sweater instead of a skirt!

K: I actually said something earlier this morning to one of the men in our department, and he said he was freezing, too. I might have to consider a space heater ...

Anonymous said...

I find it SO funny that it's always like that inside stores here. You have to wear a jacket to go inside!!! Sometimes it's nice, like when you've been outside for three hours but otherwise it's just plain COLD.