Thursday, May 25, 2006

What is wrong with me?!!

For the second morning in a row, I woke up about an hour before I actually get out of bed. Both mornings, I thought I was actually late getting up. Yesterday, I panicked, grabbed my cell phone and saw that I had failed to note the hour hand on my clock across the room, so I was actually early. This morning, I checked my clock again before I panicked. And, like yesterday, I decided to go back to sleep.

And, like yesterday, it took me a while. And, like yesterday, I had a weird dream in that 30-minute bit of sleep.

In yesterday's dream, I was in my living room, and my younger brother, who lives in our hometown in Oklahoma, was at my apartment for some reason. He was in the bathroom, so I was by myself in the living room when I noticed this really long (like over 6 inches long), thin black bug zipping very quickly across my walls. I called my brother in, and he got the bug with a paper towel and put it outside. (I wouldn't have wanted him to kill it because it would have been mean and, honestly, gross.) "What is that?" I asked him. He said it was a cockroach.

I've seen the big cockroaches before. My science teacher in high school had some in this little container on her desk for a couple of weeks. But this didn't look like a roach, and it was ridiculously huge. It was like a limo cockroach or something.

And, FYI, I have never (knock on wood 1,000 times) seen a cockroach in my apartment. I would freak if I did. I hate them!

But what I realized when I woke up was that my brother would have been just as freaked as I was.

This morning's dream, however, requires some background info:
1) I am not afraid of horses. I have never owned a horse, either.
2)Every year for the Fourth of July, my dad's side of the family holds this big family reunion, and it's awesome. Since the 4th is on a Tuesday this year, I don't know if it'll be the weekend before or after the 4th. I've called my dad and a few cousins to see if anyone knows when it is. No one does yet. K has his block leave starting the end of June, and he's going home to Pennsylvania. He wants me to come, too. I don't want to miss my reunion, though, and he'd like to go again, too. So he can't buy the plane tickets and I can't ask off for specific days of work until I know when the reunion is.
My dad was joking around and said that I could have the reunion at my place. But my little 650-square foot apartment won't hold 60 some-odd people. And the majority of my family lives all over Oklahoma, anyway. My dad had said he wouldn't mind holding it if no one else wanted to. 3)We had the reunion once at our house in high school, but it's not our house anymore and hasn't been since my parents divorced and my mom sold it in the spring of 2004.
(Background info complete)

So in the dream this morning, I guess I was holding the reunion at my apartment. Somehow, though, I walked outside and managed to be walking out the back door of my family's old house. Our backyard was huge, and it was divided into two sort of by our driveway. We never really went in the back half of it. My brother used to ride his go-cart there when he was little, but we pretty much didn't use that part. In this dream, that part of the back yard was filled with three rows of huge, tall, brown horses. They were all lined up in rows, facing me. There were several rows of barbed wire, some even going very high up, to keep the horses in that part of the yard. I guess one of these horses was mine or I was familiar with it. I think I said a name or something looking at it, and we made eye contact. The horse flipped out, and I realized it wasn't the one I thought it was. It looked like it was going to charge at me or something. All of a sudden, it jumped up, trying to make it over the barbed wire. It got its two front legs over, so it was kind of hanging over the barbed wire. I freaked out and jumped forward because I didn't want the thing to get hurt. I was afraid it was going to die. My dad and a couple other guys (I wasn't paying attention who they were, but family maybe?) ran forward to help the horse, which was somehow not so huge anymore. All the other horses had backed away when this one went crazy, and so when the horse struggled for two seconds and finally fell back, they weren't in the way when the horse fell on his left side after freeing himself from the wire. He fell a long way, and I woke up right then, but I think I knew before I woke up that the horse was okay.

All day yesterday, I thought it was Tuesday. I kept thinking, "Man, if it was Wednesday, I'd get a head start on my Thursday projects." Not until I was on my way home did I realize I could have started them.

And today, I feel like it's Friday. I feel like I have so much to do at work. I got several things done this morning, so I feel better. I was really stressed, though, for a bit. I might end up staying later tonight. I think part of the reason I'm worrying is because when K comes on Fridays, I usually don't mind staying late because he doesn't get here until 8:30 or 9 at the earliest, and that's only when he can get out early. But he doesn't work tomorrow, so he's coming up early and I'll want to get out as early as I can tomorrow. Which means I would rather stay late tonight than tomorrow.

So this has been a nice break. Back to work (through lunch!)!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

:( This posts makes me sad...

Growing up I *did* have horses... and one fourth of July we went to my grandparents house and when we got home the next day we discovered one of our horses had hung herself in the fence around one of the corrals. :( :*(

Seems the fireworks freaked her out and she somehow stuck her head through the fence and got caught and snapped her neck and died.

IT WAS SO SAD!

So So Sad!!!

It was a long time ago, and I've since gotten over it - so don't worry about making me too sad...

But still, very weird!!